(Note that this text-only information is meant for you to be able to copy & paste into your own software. You can use it to create a form to use every time you do events, or conservation or monitoring work.)
RISK ASSESSMENTS FOR ACTIVITIES
– A SUGGESTED MODEL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO USE.
For each hazard put a “risk level” as either High (H), Moderate (M), or Low (L).
If any are Moderate/High then you must put in notes of risks identified,
and the preventative measures that you take to make these risks Low.
*If there is a unacceptable level of risk from any hazards, or if you cannot reduce risks to satisfactory levels, then DO NOT continue.*
ACTIVITY (safety talks done?)
USE OF EQUIPMENT
TYPICAL PREPARATION CHECKS
* Risk Assessment
* Safety Talk for participants
* Tools and equipment (list these)
* Protective gear
* Events pack
* First Aid Kit (and First Aider?)
* Mobile phone (check battery)
* Maps (correct site, access route)